ALDI, with locations in Tinley Park and other nearby towns, said it's bringing 100 new jobs to Chicagoland, and is inviting prospective new hires to attend one of several job fairs on Monday, Jan. 20. Two of these fairs will be in Tinley Park.
The news comes after the company's announcement
that it will open 650 new stores across the country over the next five years.
In a press release issued Tuesday, ALDI said job seekers are invited to apply for store associate and shift manager positions.
The following job fairs are set for 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Jan. 20:
For stores in the south suburbs:
- Oak Lawn: Hilton Garden Inn, 9333 S. Cicero Ave.
- Tinley Park: Holiday Inn Convention Center, 18451 Convention Center Dr.
For stores in the western suburbs
- Naperville: Marriot, 1801 Naper Blvd.
For Chicago stores north of I-290
- Chicago: Hotel Lincoln: 1816 N. Clark St., second floor
For Chicago stores south of I-290
- Chicago: Chicago Lake Shore Hotel, 4900 S. Lake Shore Dr.
For stores in the north/northwest suburbs:
- Schaumburg: Hilton Garden Inn, 1191 E. Woodfield Rd.
Available positions include store associates ($13/hour) and shift managers ($13/hour plus an additional $4 per hour when performing manager duties). Part-time employees working at least 20 hours per week receive full health insurnce benefits, dental coverage and 401K.
Job requirements are as follows:
- Must be 18 years or older to apply
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be available to work anytime between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m.
- Retail experience preferred
- Drug screening and background check
- Ability to lift 45 pounds