Easter weekend is almost here. Check out a few events planned in Wheaton, and tell us about any were missing:
EASTER EGG HUNTS:
- 10 a.m., Saturday, . Sponsored by Downtown Wheaton businesses. There will also be an Easter bonnet contest at 10:30 a.m. followed by Academy of Dance spring performance at 11 a.m. At noon, kids can visit downtown businesses for treats.
- 11 a.m., Saturday, . Activities kick off at the McCormick Museum at 10:30 a.m. Visit with the Easter Bunny, make an Easter craft and enjoy a special Easter Storytelling perfomance by Mary Kroening. Storytimes are 11:15 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. Egg Hunt begins at 11. All ages on the lawns of the McCormick Museum. Bring your baskets, limit five eggs per child. All eggs will have a prize inside and special prizes will be awarded for finding the golden egg. No registration required. Activities are free, parking fee applies. This event will be held rain or shine.
- Noon, Saturday, . Loads of fun for kids as they find all sorts of hidden treasures on the Post lawn. Hunt begins at noon sharp.
- Golf Club: 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Adults $42.95, Children ages 5-12 $20.95.
- Glen Prairie: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Adults $36, Children 4 and up $14.
- : 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Adults $24.95, Children ages 5 to 12 $14.95, children under 5 $4.95.