The New Trier High School Boys Swim Team earned first place at the state competition this Fri. and Sat., which was held on their home turf at New Trier High School's Winnetka campus. The team won with 189 points. Central High School took second place with 96 points, while Lake Forest High School earned third with 93 points.
Members of the New Trier team also made a great showing in the individual events.
- Reed Malone, a senior, won first place in both the 200-yard freestyle and first place in the 500-yard freestyle.
- Jae Park, a junior, won first place in the 200-yard individual medley and first place in the 100-yard breast stroke.
- David Schriesheim, senior, earned 11th place in the 50-yard freestyle.
- Jack Mangan, a senior, won sixth place in the 100-yard freestyle and fifth place in the 100-yard backstroke.
- Charlie Gentzkow, freshman, tieing for first place three events — in the 200-yard freestyle for athletes with disabilities and in 100-yard freestyle for athletes with disabilities and the 100 yard breaststroke for athletes with disabilities.
The relay teams also made a strong showing.
- A team made up of Jack Mangan, Jae Park, Brian Walsh and David Schriesheim winning first place in the 200-yard medley relay.
- A team made of David Tao, David Schriesheim, Conor Fotsch and Reed Malone won third place in the 200-yard Freestyle Relay.
- A team made of Jack Mangan, Brian Walsh, Jae Park and Reed Malone won first place in the 400-yard freestyle relay.
Congratulations to the New Trier Boys Swim Team on a fantastic job!