Athletics for Autism 5k/1-mile run/walk... is for runners/walkers of all abilities. It benefits both Autism Awareness and Aux Sable Athletics.
Did you know ...
· Autism now affects 1 in 68 children and 1 in 42 boys.
· Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U.S.
· Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average.
· Boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to have autism.
· There is no medical detection or cure for autism.
National Institutes of Health Funds Allocation
· Total 2012 NIH budget: $30.86 billion
· Of this, only $169 million goes directly to autism research. This represents 0.55% of total NIH funding.
YOUR REGISTRATION IN THE ATHLETICS FOR AUTISM 5K/1-MILE WILL HELP FUND THE MOST UNDERFUNDED COMMON DEVELOPMENTAL DISORDER
Pre-register at http://www.signmeup.com/98715
(includes dry-fit shirt, goody bag, refreshments, entertainment.
Inside check-in and same day registration begins at 6:30 a.m.
1-mile run/walk begins at 8:00
5K begins at 8:30
Both courses are paved, flat and stroller friendly.
route, t-shirt, training schedule & other information @
OUR GOAL IS 200 PARTICIPANTS. PLEASE CONSIDER BEING ONE OF THEM…