Fire Marshal: Space Heater Caused Edgewood Blaze
A fire in Edgewood Saturday night caused $15,000 in damage, the Maryland State Fire Marshal said.
A neighbor discovered the fire in the 1900 block of Steven Drive at 7:42 p.m., the Maryland State Fire Marshal reported.
Twenty-five firefighters from Joppa-Magnolia, Abingdon and APG responded to the blaze, bringing it under control in 10 minutes, according to the fire marshal.
The fire was ruled an accident, originating in the front bedroom of the one-story, manufactured home, where a space heater was placed near combustibles, the report stated.
There was $10,000 in structural damage and $5,000 in damage to items inside the home, according to the fire marshal.
Family members were providing assistance to the owner of the home in addition to her 9-year-old son and her boyfriend, the fire marshal said.