Firefighters contained a barn fire in Joppa in less than an hour Wednesday night, but not before the blazed cause significant damage.
Around 8:11 p.m., the property owner discovered her 12-by-50-foot barn in the 1600 block Philadelphia Road was on fire, according to a release from the Maryland State Fire Marshals Office.
Forty firefighters from Joppa-Magnolia and Abingdon Volunteer Fire Companies in Harford County, Kingsville Volunteer Fire Company in Baltimore County and Aberdeen Proving Ground's professional fire department responded to the scene, according to fire officials.
It took fire personnel about 45 minutes to control the blaze. The fire caused about $20,000 damage to the building and destroyed $10,000 in contents.
Investigators believe the fire started inside the barn near the electrical service panel. The incident remained under investigation Thursday morning.
Anyone with information about this fire is asked to contact state fire marshals at 410-836-4844.