An electrical malfunction caused a fire at a control room in Joppa Wednesday morning, according to the Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company.
At 10 a.m. on Wednesday, firefighters were called to respond to an electrical hazard at
Harford Industrial Minerals at 40 Fort Hoyle Road, the fire company said in a report.
Smoke was coming from a three-story control room when crews arrived, the report said.
Firefighters investigated and determined the blaze was electrical in nature, so they evacuated the building and alerted
BGE, according to the report.
After BGE cut off the power, firefighters extinguished the blaze, the report said.
Investigation revealed the cause of the fire was an electrical malfunction, and as a result, the control room will be closed until it is repaired, according to the report.
At 11 a.m., firefighters cleared the scene, Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company reported.