The following information was supplied by the Montgomery County Police Department in its summary of major crimesoccurring in the county between Dec. 9 and 17. The mention of an arrest or charge does not indicate a conviction.
- An aggravated assault occurred in the 4900 block of St. Elmo Avenue in Bethesda on Sunday, Dec. 15, at about 2:30 a.m. A 35-year-old man from New Carrollton was arrested.
- A theft occurred in the 5400 block of Wisconsin Avenue in Chevy Chase on Monday, Dec. 16, at about noon. Suspects removed property from an unknowing victim.
- A commercial burglary occurred at 4300 Montgomery Ave., Bethesda, between Sunday afternoon, Dec. 15, and Monday morning, Dec. 16. There was no forced entry, and property was taken.
- A residential burglary occurred in the 4500 block of Avondale Street in Bethesda on Thursday, Dec. 12, between 9 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. No forced entry; property taken.
- A residential burglary occurred in the 8200 block of Wisconsin Avenue in Bethesda between Saturday, Dec. 14, and Monday, Dec. 16. No forced entry; property taken.
- A residential burglary occurred in the 4600 block of Norwood Drive in Chevy Chase on Tuesday, Dec. 17, at about 8:45 p.m. Forced entry; property taken.
- Seven thefts of property outside residences occurred near Pioneer Lane in Bethesda. Incidents occurred during the late night or early morning hours.
Thefts from vehicles:
- Twelve thefts from vehicles occurred during the night between Wednesday and Thursday, Dec. 11 and 12. Entry was forced into three of the vehicles, and cash, GPS units and loose valuables were taken. The thefts occurred on Huntover Drive, Danville Drive, Sulky Lane, Plantation Lane, Magruder Lane, Luxmanor Road and Wolftree Lane in Bethesda.
If you have questions about this post, email email@example.com.