A homeless man has been arrested for a string of 18 burglaries at Subway shops, Dunkin Donuts locations and gas stations across Montgomery County in December and April.
Montgomery County Police detectives say Willie Ray Villery, 61, with no fixed address was arrested April 24 and charged with 18 counts of burglary, as well as multiple burglary-related charges.
Villery is charged with committing the following burglaries between Dec. 7 and 11, 2013:
- Subway – 1776 E. Jefferson Street
- Subway – 1402 Rockville Pike
- Subway – 1020 Rockville Pike
- Choice Beer & Wine – 802 Rockville Pike (attempt)
- Corner Bakery – 1 Grand Corner Avenue
- Lindt Chocolate – 2 Grand Corner Avenue
- Taco Bar 2 – 10003 Fields Road
- Dunkin Donuts – 16220 Frederick Road, #104
- Express Pharmacy – 16220 Frederick Road, #100
- BP gas station – 16210 S. Frederick Road
- Shell gas station – 15701 Frederick Road
- Subway – 15106 Frederick Road, #B
- Kwik Stop Beer Wine Deli – 15104 Frederick Road
Following the burglaries that occurred Dec. 10 and 11, detectives released surveillance photos of the suspect. With help from Rockville City Police and Gaithersburg Police detectives, Villery was identified as the suspect in the photos.
On April 18, an arrest warrant was obtained for Villery charging him with 13 burglaries -- those that occurred between Dec. 7 and 11.
He is also charged with these burglaries that occurred last month on April 20 and 21:
- Roots Market – 16800 Georgia Avenue
- Dunkin Donuts – 18100 Village Center Drive
- Dunkin Donuts – 13424 New Hampshire Avenue
- Dollar Plus Store – 13434 New Hampshire Avenue
- Mobil gas station – 15450 Georgia Avenue
Detectives who viewed surveillance video from the businesses hit last month reportedly recognized Villery as the suspect in these cases. A second arrest warrant was obtained for Villery charging him with another five burglaries.
Villery was arrested on April 24 in Washington, D.C., and extradited to Montgomery County where he is being held on two $50,000 bonds.