Are you craving something sweet? The Cake Courtesan, a custom cake and confection boutique, is coming soon to Bowie Plaza and will be located at 6926 Laurel Bowie Rd.
The shop hasn't set an official opening date because of the work still being done by contractors and inspectors but Sharon White, owner and head cake designer, told Patch she hopes to open for business in January.
White opened on Main Street in downtown Annapolis in 2008 and closed it in 2011 to launch The Cake Courtesan in Bowie. The new shop will "focus on high-end designer wedding and event cakes, and 3-D structures as well as cupcakes and other artisan-style confections," according to a press release.
According to The Cake Courtesan website:
- Flavors that will be available daily include yellow and chocolate cupcakes with vanilla or chocolate buttercream frosting, and red velvet cake with cream cheese buttercream frosting.
- Rotating flavors will include carrot cake, Key lime cake, lemon, mocha, salted caramel and Mississippi mudcake.
- Custom cakes will be made to order.
- Some items, including cupcakes, will be available in the retail storefront.
- Cakes and cupcakes that can be made for special dietary needs include sugar-free and vegan (but no gluten-free) options.
- Cupcakes start at $2.75 each, "cakelets" that serve two to four people start at $25.00, 3-D and sculpted cakes require a $300 minimum.
For more information, call 410-739-9050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.