The unofficial end of summer is fast approaching.
Here’s what’s open and closed in Prince George’s County on Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 1:
- Prince George’s County schools and administrative offices are closed
- City offices and facilities are closed
- Community centers and art centers are closed
- Regional parks and historic sites are open.
- The Senior Center in Bowie is closed
- Bowie’s City Gymnasium is closed
- The Kenhill Center in Bowie is closed
- The Ice Arena in Bowie is closed
- The Boathouse at Allen Pond Park in Bowie will be open from 1 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Refuse and recycling will not be collected. Collection will resume on the next regularly scheduled day.
- Prince George’s County libraries will be closed
TheBus, under the administration of the Department of Public Works and Transportation, will be suspended on Labor Day. In addition, the County’s Call-A-Bus, including senior transportation services, will not operate that day. Normal route services will resume on Tuesday, Sept. 2.
>>Image via Shutterstock