Teachers and staff at Broadneck High School were evacuated at about 9 a.m. Tuesday after a haze and odor were reported in the school.
Firefighters from the Anne Arundel County Fire Department, including the Arnold Volunteer Fire Department, arrived shortly afterward with six engines, but found no fire. Fire Department Chief Keith Swindle said the haze and odor were likely caused by a malfunctioning HVAC unit. The scene was cleared as of 10:15 a.m. Tuesday, he said.
There were no students in session at the time, but it was a teacher work day. Students completed their semester exams last week, and are on break until Wednesday.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.