If you haven’t yet registered to vote, get it off your to-do list now.
National Voter Registration Day, and thousands of local, state and national organizations have mobilized to make sure millions of people don’t miss the chance to cast their vote in this year’s elections.
Six million people didn’t vote in the 2008 election because they either did not know how to register or because they missed the voter registration deadline.
The voter registration deadline for Maryland is Oct. 16
Here’s information on how you can register in time for the Nov. 6 election:
- Fill out a voter registration form in person at the Montgomery County Board of Elections at 18753 North Frederick Avenue, Suite 210 in Gaithersburg. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Register to vote at your local county high school, public library or post office.
- Download a voter registration form from the Board of Elections website and mail it to Montgomery County County Board of Elections, 18753 North Frederick Avenue Suite 210, Gaithersburg, MD 20879.
- Maryland recently passed legislation allowing residents to register online. Just follow the steps here at the State Board of Elections website. You'll need a drivers license or state ID number to "sign" the registration.
Maryland's Voter Registration Information website also allows you to:
- Look up your voter registration information.
- Update your voter registration information.
- Find your polling place.