20 Aug 2014
67° Partly Cloudy
Patch Instagram photo by ermyceap
Patch Instagram photo by taratesimu
Patch Instagram photo by taratesimu
Patch Instagram photo by lilyava299
Patch Instagram photo by _mollfairhurst
Patch Instagram photo by thecontemporaryhannah
Patch Instagram photo by lucyketch
Patch Instagram photo by laurabarreto87
Patch Instagram photo by lghtwght

Fire Forces Residents From The Graw

A fire took place at the senior housing complex Monday morning.

Fire Forces Residents From The Graw

Firefighters evacuated seniors from 72 apartments at early Monday morning after a boiler room fire at the highrise.

About 50 personnel from the , Aberdeen Fire Department and the Harford County Career EMS Foundation responded to the fire, which was contained in the boiler room, Susquehanna Hose Company Chief told .

The fire took place shortly after 2 a.m., and Hurst said crews were on the scene until about 4:45 a.m., ventilating the building after discovering high levels of carbon monoxide in about 50 rooms.

Some residents showed signs of elevated levels of carbon monoxide, Hurst said, but no patients were transported from the scene. Residents were allowed to return to their units, Hurst said.

"We ventilated all six floors and all the apartments and made sure all carbon monoxide levels were zero in all apartments when we left," Hurst said in a text message to Patch.

All damage was contained to the boiler room.

Hurst said the  Susquehanna Hose Company was on the scene within three minutes.

Share This Article