15 Sep 2014
63° Partly Cloudy
Patch Instagram photo by daniellemastersonbooks
Patch Instagram photo by longunderwearman
Patch Instagram photo by quadrofoglio
Patch Instagram photo by athomeinmygarden
Patch Instagram photo by daniellemastersonbooks
Patch Instagram photo by healthandbeautynz
Patch Instagram photo by andreagazeapt
Patch Instagram photo by reh_22
Patch Instagram photo by athomeinmygarden

Updated: Pro Wrestling Student Dies in Practice Accident

A 25-year-old man died after the incident at Gillberg's Pro Wrestling Academy in Severn last week.

Updated: Pro Wrestling Student Dies in Practice Accident

A student at a pro wrestling academy in Severn died on Jan. 20 after striking his head while practicing a maneuver, Anne Arundel County police said.

Quentin Latrell Washington, 25, of District Heights, MD, died from a head injury sustained at the Gillberg’s Pro Wrestling Academy on Sandy Farm Road, according to a police press release.

Paramedics responded to a report of a man with a head injury at about 8:30 p.m. on Jan. 19. They rushed Washington to University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore, and he died the next day, police said.

On Jan. 21, the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Baltimore asked county police officers to investigate the circumstances of Washington's death. Officers and homicide detectives from Anne Arundel County Police Western District processed the scene of the incident and interviewed witnesses. They determined that Washington's head injury was the result of a practice maneuver and that there was no indication of foul play.

Gillberg's Pro Wrestling Academy is operated by Duane Gill, in the late 1990s.

Reached via cell phone in Arizona, Gill declined to discuss details of the accident, except to say it was "just normal stuff."

"We're all hurting," he said. "We lost a brother. We're all sick and upset over this."

Washington posted an online profile of himself with pictures and video at casting360.com. According to information on the site, he used the nicknamed "King," and was 5'7" tall and weighed 145 pounds. He also had a younger brother named Trey, according to the site.

Gill said the academy will remain open, but that it will close Saturday for memorial services for Washington. Specific details on services have not yet been released.


Editor's note: This article was updated from a previous version to include information from Duane Gill.

A previous version of this article incorrectly stated the last name of the victim.

Share This Article