A group of business professionals is looking to help those in need by collecting items for the Eastside Family Emergency Center.
The Overlea-Fullerton Business Professional Association, which began collecting for the shelter back in February, will supporting "Milk & Juice Month" at the shelter, according to an email from the group.
The professional association is currently focused on donations of either gift cards or cash to purchase milk and any type of juice, including individual juice boxes and canned/bottled juice, according to an email from group president Donna Bethke.
Other immediate needs include:
- Dinnerware (spoons & forks, do not have to be new)
- Table napkins
- Paper towels
- Laundry detergent (liquid only)
- Dish detergent
- Hygiene kits
- Toothbrushes & toothpaste for both children and adults
- Gift Cards from Sam's Club
- Cash/checks for perishables
- Milk, juice, eggs, bread, frozen food, fresh meat
- Paper products (i.e. plates, bowls, cups, plastic ware)
A full list needs can be found on the shelter wish list.
Collections are being taken at the following businesses throughout Overlea, Fullerton and Rosedale:
- Eastern Savings Bank, 7927 Belair Rd. Baltimore, MD 21236
- Point Breeze Credit Union 2 Philadelphia Court Baltimore, MD 21237
- Donna Bethke 7406 Brookood Ave. Baltimore, MD 21236
Anyone with questions is encouraged to contact the Overlea Fullerton Business Professional Association or to visit their website.