Doctors Community Hospitalis currently seeking hospitality volunteers. Committing to volunteer for four hours each week for six consecutive months, opportunities are available daily from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. These customer-service focused volunteers will greet and check-in visitors, comfort family members, answer telephones and provide general campus directions.
Doctors Community Hospital volunteers must be ages 18 or older with excellent people and telephone skills as well as basic computer knowledge. All volunteers must complete an application packet that includes consent forms for a background check and a health screening. Also, they must read and sign volunteer and confidentiality agreements. Required orientations will be held during the following two dates:
· Wednesday, January 29; 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
· Wednesday, February 12; 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
In appreciation for their services, hospital volunteers receive:
· A free daily meal at the hospital’s cafeteria
· Access to many social and educational sessions offered at the hospital
· Free flu shot and basic health screening
· Free parking
· Invitation to a volunteer recognition event
To learn more about becoming a Doctors Community Hospital volunteer, call 301-DCH-4YOU (301-324-4968), email mdudley@DCHweb.orgor visit www.DCHweb.org/volunteer.