The Maryland-National Capital Park Police are seeking the public’s help to find a man suspected of groping a woman while she was jogging Monday on Sligo Creek Parkway between Maple Avenue and Piney Branch Road, says Montgomery Community Media.
According to a police account, the assault happened at about 7:10 a.m. when the victim passed the suspect on the trail. As she passed by, the suspect grabbed her buttocks and fled in the opposite direction.
Police said the suspect is described as a stocky black male about 5’10”; wearing black sweat pants and a blue hoodie. Police said the suspect’s face was partially concealed by the hoodie.
Anyone with any information on the incident is asked to call the Maryland-National Capital Park Police at 301.949.8010.
Also, police offer the following advice to trail users:
- Avoid dark, vacant, or deserted areas; use well-lit and traveled areas.
- Avoid walking alone with a music player and earphones -- you can’t hear people approaching from behind. If you must, then use only one side.
- Dress in clothes and shoes that will not hamper movement.
- Be alert and aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Report suspicious activity to Park Police at 301.949.8010.