A speed violation warning issued for new speed cameras installed on Caroll Avenue has been extended, according to Takoma Park Police.
Starting Nov. 16 at midnight, citations will be issued to violators driving 12 miles over the speed limit.
The two new portable speed cameras are located in the 7400 block of Carroll Avenue – one northbound and another southbound.
They are a part of the Safe Speed Program. Its goal is to reduce speed and accidents.
Current sites that contain fixed pole enforcement units:
- 7200 block of New Hampshire Avenue (southbound)
- 7100 block of New Hampshire Avenue (northbound)
- 400 block of Ethan Allen Avenue (eastbound)
- 500 block of Ethan Allen Avenue (westbound)
- 900 block of East West Highway (westbound)
- 900 block of eastbound University Boulevard (portable speed camera)