Five police officers would be added to the Baltimore County Police Department to patrol Towson's "new entertainment district," according to the budget proposal.
What do you want funded the most in Towson? Tell us in the comments!
An extra post would be created within the police department for the entertainment district as Towson Square opens this summer, Kamenetz told Patch.
In addition, the county executive proposed allocating $6.5 million toward the construction of the new Towson firehouse, after the county sold the existing station at York Road and Bosley Avenue for $8.3 million.
Other funds proposed:
- $500,000 in design funding for new community centers in Loch Raven and Catonsville
- $2 million to install turf fields at Towson High, Dundalk High and the new Catonsville Regional Park at Spring Grove State Hospital
- Renovation to reopen a 600-seat Loch Raven Elementary School
- Conversion of Halstead Academy into 500-seat elementary magnet preparatory school
- Construction of 189-seat addition at Cromwell Valley Elementary School and 200-seat addition to Sparks Elementary School