Pancake bars can be whipped up in advance or served hot out of the oven on the way to school or work. Wrap them in a pancake wrapper or napkin and they're even car-friendly.
For an easy way to turn your favorite pancake recipe into grab-and-go bars, read on for the step-by-step directions.
1. Mix up your favorite pancake batter. Remember not to over mix, as its the lumps that make pancakes light and fluffy.
2. Spray a baking dish with vegetable oil or use parchment paper to line it. Pour the pancake batter into the dish and spread evenly. Photo: Getty Creative
3. Now, the fun part. Select your flavors. Fold granola into the batter evenly to make a heartier bar.
4. Chocolate chips make pancake bars a decadent treat and go perfectly with granola. Add as many as you'd like. Photo: Getty Creative
5. Bake in the oven at 350 for approximately 20 minutes or until your batter is fully cooked. The total time depends on how many ingredients you added to the mix.
6. Remove the baking dish from the oven and let cool. Cut the pancake bars into equal parts and serve immediately or freeze. If you're eating the bars on the go, wrap them in wax bags or cupcake liners. Enjoy!
TELL US: What's your favorite place in town for a good breakfast?
This article is part of Mix It Up, an editorial series created in collaboration with AOL's Kitchen Daily and Huffington Post. It is dedicated to making the lives of mothers easier through articles, videos and slideshows focused on simple and creative solutions to everyday challenges. From healthy recipes to exciting ideas for a more balanced lifestyle, this section aims to become a resource for moms everywhere.