First dry cleaner in U.S. to recycle waste fluids outfits stores with green technology and continues to lead in environmentally conscious clothing cleaning
TEWKSBURY, Mass. (June 23, 2014) — To the owners and employees of Anton’s Cleaners, the largest clothing care company in the Northeast, environmental responsibility is just as important as clean clothing. The family-owned business is proud to complete a major equipment research and replacement plan with Green Earth™ and/or EcoSolv® fluid drycleaning machines, a full elimination of “perc” dry cleaning machines, and implementation of their EcoClean Clothing Care™ program.
The EcoClean Clothing Care™ program provides the best in clothing care with the greenest business practices, including control of the cleaning process with the latest cleaning equipment, consistent quality through employee training and performance standards, and environmental responsibility. providing a safe environment for customers, employees and the community.
According to Charles A. Anton, CEO, “In 1982, we were proud to be the first dry cleaner in the country to recycle our dry cleaning fluid waste, and we have always prioritized clothing care excellence right alongside environmental responsibility. Let’s face it: green business is good business. Our equipment investment and EcoClean Clothing Care program provides our customers and employees with cleaner, greener alternatives, and we will continue to listen to our customers and industry experts, review the latest research, and invest in our stores using environmentally-conscious products and services.”
Here are more facts about Anton’s Cleaners’ EcoClean Clothing Care program:
1. Environmentally safe drycleaning requires extensive knowledge and proper training, Employees receive continuous training to meet the company’s rigorous standards.
2. Over the last 20 years, Anton’s has reduced dry cleaning fluid consumption by 90 percent, and reduced water consumption by 50 percent.
3. The company wetcleans over 50 percent of all garments, which means clothing is laundered in a computer-controlled washer with special detergents that gently clean according to manufacturer’s specifications, customized to each type of fabric.
4. A sophisticated distillation process provides clean, recycled fluid in each load.
5. The company recycles dry cleaning waste by minimizing it and then recycling it, not just disposing of it.
6. Each store has a Eco-Clean Recycling Center to make it easy for customers to recycle wire hangers, plastic clothing covers, and more.
7. Anton’s is fully committed to providing a safe environment for our customers, employees and the community.
Anton’s was the first cleaner in the U.S. to recycle dry cleaning fluids waste. Now, they continue to lead in EcoClean clothing care. During the past three decades, the company has worked with government agencies (US EPA, Mass. DEP, Mass. Toxic Use Reduction Institute), the drycleaning industry (Drycleaning Laundry Institute, North East Fabricare Institute) and third-party groups concerned about green business practices (University Leaders for a Sustainable Future, Mass. Business Environmental Network). These organizations all recognized Anton’s as an industry leader in environmental issues.
Anton’s Cleaners’ mission has remained the same for 101 years: to provide consistent quality clothing care with a level of service that exceeds expectations, and a commitment to its customers and the community. The largest clothing care company in the Northeast, Anton’s manages 42 stores in Eastern Mass. and is based in Tewksbury. Through its Caring Partners Inc. nonprofit subsidiary, Anton’s Cleaners manages the region’s largest Coats for Kids coat donation program and celebrated a decade of service through its Belle of the Ball prom dress drive this year. For more information about Anton’s Cleaners, visit www.antons.com.