Today is Friday, Oct. 5. Here are five things you need to know:
1. The Arlington International Film Festival Pre-Festival Films & Entertainment is from 6:30-9 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6, at Jam’n Java, and it’s free. The pre-festival will have an hour of short films, music, dancers and storytelling. Complete details.
2. The Bishop School Pumpkin Sale is from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6 (weather permitting). The annual event will also have hot apple cider, cider donuts, caramel apples and local apples for sale. Complete details.
3. There is a piano concert featuring Sarah Tacco at 3:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 7, at the First Parish Unitarian-Universalist Church, 630 Mass. Ave. Complete details.
4. Going apple picking this Columbus Day weekend? Here are five great orchards nearby.
5. Today should clear up by this afternoon with temperatures reaching the high 70s, according to the National Weather Service. There is a chance of showers Saturday, mainly after 1 p.m. Otherwise it’ll be partly sunny with temperatures in the mid 70s. On Sunday, rain is likely, mainly after 4 p.m., and temperatures will be in the high 50s. Monday, Columbus Day, should be mostly sunny with a high near 58.