1. There’s a slight chance of showers after 2 p.m. today, according to the National Weather Service. Temperatures should be in the high 50s during the day and drop to the low 40s overnight.
2. Town Elections: Tomorrow (Tuesday, April 10) is voting day here in Arlington, and, this year, there’s no shortage of contested races – with five candidates vying for two spots on the Board of Selectmen, six for two on the School Committee and two for one on the Board of Assessors ( see sample ballot). Polls will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. You can check your polling location here.
3. Meetings: After a joint Board of Selectmen and Budget & Revenue Task Force meeting at 6 p.m. in ( see agenda), the Board of Selectmen will meet at 7:15 p.m. in the Selectmen’s Chambers ( see agenda). The Redevelopment Board will meet at 7 p.m. in the Town Hall Annex ( see agenda). The Arlington Cultural Council will meet at 6 p.m. in the Selectmen’s Chambers ( see agenda), and the Vision 2020 Diversity Task Group will meet at 7:30 p.m. in the .
4. Weekend Sports Results: The boys’ lacrosse team defeated Dracut 7-5 on Saturday, while the baseball team took care of North Shore Tech 11-2.
5. Today’s games: The Arlington High track teams will take on Belmont at 3:30 p.m. (boys at home, girls on the road). The Arlington High boys’ volleyball team will face Boston Latin at 3:45 p.m. on the road, and the girls’ tennis team will be at Wayland at 4 p.m. The Arlington Catholic baseball team will host Bishop Fenwick at 3:30 p.m., while the softball team will be at Bishop Fenwick at 3:30 p.m. The Arlington Catholic lacrosse teams will face Marian at 4 p.m. (girls at home, boys on the road).