Today is Wednesday, Sept. 12. Here are five things you need to know:
1. It’s should be a beautiful day today with sunny skies and temperatures in the low 80s, according to the National Weather Service.
2. From the town: The Arlington Health Department is once again offering seasonal flu and pneumonia vaccinations to Arlington residents (schedule attached). Over the past three years, the Arlington Health Department has provided more than 12,000 vaccinations to the public.
The Centers for Disease Control recommends all persons ages 6 months and older receive the seasonal flu vaccination. The CDC also recommends that residents get vaccinated as soon as vaccine becomes available, typically beginning in September. A pneumonia vaccination is recommended for persons ages 60 and older or for persons younger than 60 who have chronic health problems, such as heart disease, asthma or diabetes.
To expedite the vaccination process, please click here to download and complete the vaccination form prior to the clinic. There is no fee for Arlington residents whose insurance provider is participating in the State Vaccination Program. Residents must bring their insurance card(s) to the clinic. There is a $15 per vaccination fee for Arlington residents who do not have a participating insurance or do not bring their insurance card to the clinic. A list of participating insurance providers can be found here.
Remember be healthy, be safe and don’t forget to vaccinate!
(Vaccination forms will be sent home with all public school children in late September. Please remember to attach a copy of your child’s insurance card to the vaccination form.)
Please check the Arlington Health Department site regularly for important updates; flu information updates are also available on the Flu Hotline at 781-316-3413.
3. Don’t forget: the Arlington Farmers’ Market goes from 2 to 6:30 p.m. today in Arlington Center’s Russell Common parking lot.
4. From the town: The warrant for the will be open Tuesday, Sept. 18, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. During this time warrant articles may be submitted to the Board of Selectmen’s Office. Please note 100 signatures are required. The warrant article submission packet is available at the Board of Selectmen’s Office and online at arlingtonma.gov/townmeeting.
5. Can you help a Cambridge family find their (which might be in Arlington)?