1. Today should be sunny with a high near 86 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
2. The that will determine the fate of Arlington’s seasonal leaf-blower ban is one week from today, Thursday, July 19. Polls will only be open from 2 to 8 p.m. Polling locations can be found here. Below is the exact text of the ballot question:
“Shall the town vote to approve the action of the representative town meeting whereby it was voted to amend the Town Bylaws to prohibit the use of gas-powered leaf blowers on private property between May 15th and October 15th by a vote of 95 in the affirmative to 85 in the negative.”
3. Have an opinion on the special election? You can submit a “Letter to the Editor” to Arlington Patch Editor John Waller at firstname.lastname@example.org (be sure to include your full name and address, and please explicitly state that your email is intended as a “Letter to the Editor”).
4. State Rep. Carlos Henriquez’ accuser, Katherine Gonzalves, at a press conference in Boston.
5. In case you missed it, there was , and .