1. A beer and wine tasting will take place from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the , which is located at 304 Highland Ave. The event is a benefit for the Attleboro Lacrosse League.
2. There is plenty going on this weekend in Attleboro and Seekonk. One exciting event is Expo for the Senses, which will include music, art jewelry and food in downtown Attleboro on Saturday from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
3. Two major events are taking place this weekend in Seekonk. The grand opening of Seekonk Meadows, located next to the, will take place Saturday from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. It will include a ribbon cutting, professional kite flying and plenty of live music. The Seekonk Lions Club will host a community party, celebrating the town's 200th anniversary, on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at . It will include live music, sports clinics, an antique fire show and a $10 Texas barbecue, among other features. Go here for more information.
4. Of course, there will also be the weekly from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the 74 North Main St. parking lot next to .
5. The good news about the weekend weather is that it is going to be cooler than the steaming temperatures of the past couple days. The bad news is that "cooler" means a high of 94 today. But it will go down more significantly as the weekend progresses, with highs of 83 on Saturday (60 percent chance of rain) and 82 on Sunday (sunny with no chance of rain).
Tonight, heavy rain is expected with a low of 69. The forecast for Saturday night is 20 percent chance of thunderstorms with a low of 60; Sunday night is 30 percent chance of rain with a low of 60.