1. More of the same: The National Weather Service is predicting a sunny day with a high of 86. The evening will cool down to 64.
2. The Boston City Coucil: meets today at noon at City Hall. View the agenda.
3. Greenway Activity Cart: If you're looking for an outdoor adventure, bring the kids to play on the Greenway, borrow a hula hoop or build with the blocks provided by the city at the Wharf District Park near State Street and Atlantic Ave. Come play from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. This is what summer on the Greenway is all about. This is a free event.
4. Note-bending favorites at the MFA: Gospel steel guitar legends The Campbell Brothers present Sacred Steel: African-American gospel music with steel guitar and vocals. NPR called them a “sound as hot as brimstone that kicks holy butt.” The show starts at 7:30 p.m. and costs $24.00 at the Museum of Fine Arts, 465 Huntington Ave., Boston, MA.
5. Opening Night Festival at the Shell: The Boston Landmark Orchestra will kick off the season with a free show at the Hatch Shell at 7 p.m. tonight. All are welcome!