1. Two hours of free parking: As is tradition in Boston, shoppers will enjoy two free hours of metered parking at all city parking meters starting on the next five consecutive Saturdays through December 29. The two-hour limit will be enforced by the Boston Transportation Department to accommodate as many visitors as possible in shopping districts.
2. Downtown Boston is lighting up this week: The Copley Square tree lighting ceremony is today from 5-6 p.m., and the Commonwealth Avenue Mall and Boston Common holiday tree light up Thursday during a ceremony that starts at 6 p.m.
3. Mammoths and Mastodons: Titans of the Ice Age: The Museum of Science is hosting an Ice Age exhibit with full-scale replicas of Ice Age mammals. Click here for more details.
4. Preparing for a job interview: The Boston Public Library is hosting a course on how to answer interview questions, dress the part and sharpen other job interview skills today from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting snow before 11 a.m. with a chance of rain. The day will be cloudy with a high near 41 degrees. The evening will cool down to 31 degrees and there is a chance of more snow. Snowfall is not expected to accumulate.