1. The Boston Jazz Voices, one of the area's outstanding a capella groups, presents Jazzed for the Holidays, a concert of jazz arrangements of new and favorite holiday tunes at the Belmont Public Library. The members of this a capella group are talented musicians of all backgrounds and ages who are dedicated to perfecting the vocal jazz ensemble. All are welcome to attend this free concert that begins at 7:30 p.m. in the library's Assembly Room. Sponsored by the Friends of the Belmont Public Library. Hear the Voices sing in the YouTube video on this page.
2. Come to the Beech Street Center at 1 p.m. to hear Christopher Grande of Walnut Hill Advisors in Medford discuss real estate downsizing in retirement. Does it make sense to sell your house and move into smaller quarters? If so, what are your choices? Theclegal and tax ramifications? What do you do with the proceeds? Andwchere would you move? How can you assess retirement communities, condos, and apartments?
3. Story times for children ages 2 and 3, in which songs and movement are part of the story time experience, will take place for early risers at 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. and then again from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Held across the hallway from the Children's Room in the Flett Room of the Belmont Public Library. For children aged four to five, Story craft for 4's and 5's will begin with a story followed by a simple craft. The storytelling will take place in the Flett Room across from the Children's Room from 3:15 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
4. Belmont's Benton Library Pre-School Story Time begins at 10:30 a.m. for children ages 2 1/2 to 5. This event features stories, word plays, and other activities. Siblings are welcome; parents or caretakers must be in attendance throughout the session. Registration is not required.
5. Drop-in yoga classes, taught by professional instructors in the Vinyasa style – flowing with the breath – will be held in Gardner Hall (enter via Alexander Street) of the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St., beginning at 9:15 a.m. All levels welcome. Bring your own mat. Childcare is available for $6 per child with a $12 family maximum. There is also free parking on Pleasant and Leonard streets and behind Macy's. All proceeds benefit the Plymouth Nursery School.