Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the new feature in the comments section.
1. The final home games for the season for Belmont Boys and Girls Basketball this afternoon and evening. The boys will be tip off against the Lexington Minutemen at 7 p.m. while the girls will seek a win to get into the post season with their game against Lexington beginning at 5:30 p.m. At the Wenner Field House, 221 Concord Ave.
2. Yoga, taught by professional instructors, is being held from 9:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. at the , 582 Pleasant St, in Gardiner Hall at the back of the church. $10. All levels welcome just bring your own mat if you can. $6 per child for child care. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.
3. , Belmont’s new independent, all volunteer library, will be holding its meeting at the Flett Room of the Belmont Public Library at 7:30 p.m.
4. Story time for 2’s and 3’s. Songs and movement are part of the story time experience for children ages 2 and 3. At the ’s Children’s Room, 336 Concord Ave. The fun begins at 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. and from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
5. Stories for children ages 4 and 5 are followed by a simple craft. 2 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the , 336 Concord Ave.