1. The 7-2 Belmont High School Girls' Basketball team hits the midpoint of the season with a clash against Woburn High School at the Wenner Field House beginning at 7 p.m. Come see a great collection of seniors lead the team towards a possible playoff run.
2. Did you know that it is possible to slow down the aging process by adopting specific changes in your lifestyle and avoid or delay disabilities commonly associated with old age? Come hear the latest research on the physiology of aging by attending “Age Well Be Well: Adding Years to Your Life and Life to Your Years” at the Beech Street Center beginning at 1:15 p.m. Paula Koppel is a Registered Nurse and is the former director of geriatrics at Winchester Hospital. She is a graduate of Duke University’s Integrated Health Coaching Foundation Program and holds an advanced degree and certificate in counseling and psychology.
3. Storytime at the Benton Library of the New Year begins at 10:30 a.m. There will be word plays, stories and activities for children ages 2 years, 9 months to 5 years. Parents or caregivers must be present for the entire session. Younger siblings may attend with their parents. The library will be open today from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
4. It's Storytime at the Belmont Public Library: Story time for 2's and 3's, songs and movement are part of the story time experience for children ages 2 and 3, will be held at the Belmont Public Library's Children's Room. The fun begins at 9:30 a.m. and then again (for you late risers) from 10:30 a.m. Storycraft for 4's, 5's, and 6's will be held at 3:15 p.m.
5. Drop-in yoga classes, taught by professional instructors in the Vinyasa style – flowing with the breath – will be held in Gardner Hall (enter via Alexander Street) of the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St., beginning at 9:15 a.m. All levels welcome. Bring your own mat. Childcare is available for $6 per child with a $12 family maximum. There is also free parking on Pleasant and Leonard streets and behind Macy's. All proceeds benefit the Plymouth Nursery School.