1. Powers Music School presents the inaugural concert of its new free faculty concert series, Music on Mondays, as Tev Stevig presents "The Evolution of the Clawhammer Style" demonstrating the clawhammer technique during a performance of folk and international music for guitar, banjo, saz, and gourd banjo. The concert is taking place in the school's newly-renovated Betsy Washburn Cabot Room. The concert is free but please RSVP by calling 617-484-4696.
2. There will be a public meeting between 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. in the Assembly Room of the Belmont Public Library regarding the development of Cushing Square so one would expect the talk will be primarily focused on the proposed three-building Cushing Village project.
3. State Sen. Will Brownsberger will be holding office hours from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Claflin Room of the Belmont Public Library tonight. All are welcome to visit Brownsberger to discuss issues, ask for help in dealing with state agencies or talk about any other topic of concern.
4. It's a twilight doubleheader as the Belmont High School Girls' Ice Hockey team takes on Methuen in a non-league match at Viglirolo Skating Rink at 5 p.m. followed closely by Boys' Basketball at Wenner Field House at 7 p.m. as the Marauders take on Arlington.
5. The first agenda item at tonight's Board of Selectmen's meeting beginning at 7 p.m. is set aside for public comments, so if you have an issue with town government or a department – or if you want to heap praise on them – now's your chance. If you don't want your comments broadcast out to the world, you can come a few minutes before the meeting and a selectman will sit down and talk with you.