1. Here's a head's up for the return of a very popular service: Belmont High School Teen Techs will be available for a limited time on Thursdays throughout January to help Belmont Public Library patrons to better understand their e-readers, how to download from the digital catalog or any basic internet help you would need includuing all about social media sites such as Facebook.
One hour individual one-on-one sessions are scheduled on Thursdays, Jan. 10 to Jan. 31 from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Here is the reason for the head's up: registration is required, and is available online or call 617-993-2870.
2. It's the always wonderful Sing-along with Julie beginning at 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the Children's Room of the Belmont Public Library.
3. Unleash your inner artist! Come to the Beech Street Center learn how to draw and use graphite and colored pencils, charcoal and watercolors with Catherine Tang and her assistant, Christin Kim, a pair of Advanced Placement Studio Art students at Belmont High School. The classes are from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Those who wish to take the class can attend as many or as few classes as you wish.
4. Drop-in yoga classes, taught by professional instructors in the Vinyasa style – flowing with the breath – will be held in Gardner Hall (enter via Alexander Street) of the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St., beginning at 9:15 a.m. All levels welcome. Bring your own mat. Childcare is available for $6 per child with a $12 family maximum. There is also free parking on Pleasant and Leonard streets and behind Macy's. All proceeds benefit the Plymouth Nursery School.
5. Duplicate Bridge Club meets from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Beech Street Center at 266 Beech St. Every Wednesday the club holds American Contact Bridge League-sanctioned games. All are welcome to play. Cost is $5. Phone: 339-223-6484 for more information.