On this day in 1765, the Stamp Act went into effect, causing widespread anger among American colonists, and spurring Braintree's own John Adams to deliver the Braintree Instructions, stirring revolution early on.
1. The School Committee meeting, rescheduled from Monday, is this evening at 7 p.m. at the Colbert School. The agenda includes an MIAA waiver, approval of an out-of-state trip for South Middle School and a security grant from the DA's office.
2. The Hawthorne Apartments Condo Trust Annual Meeting is from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the Logan Auditorium at Thayer Public Library.
3. Braintree High School is hosting a College Fair for the Challenged Learner in collaboration with SEPAC from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Media Center this evening.
More information can be found at the high school's website: http://www.gpvillage.com/bhs.
4. The Board of Health meets at 3:30 p.m. in the upstairs Johnson Chambers at Town Hall and the Conservation Commission meets downstairs at Fletcher Hall at 7 p.m.
5. Activities today at the Senior Center on Cleveland Avenue include:
9 a.m. Chess
9:30 a.m. Chair Yoga
Noon Pool Players
1 p.m. Art Group, Knit/Crochet and Bid Whist