The following incident report is based on dispatch logs for March 12 through 15. Look for weekday incident reports twice a week, and arrest logs each Tuesday on Brookline Patch. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Breaking and Entering, Theft and Larceny
- 46 Tappan Street was the scene of a reported larceny incident, just after 3 p.m. Monday.
- Larceny reported at 75 Brook Street, Monday, after 4 p.m.
- An employee at TJ Maxx reported seeing a woman place items in her purse and attempt to leave without paying for them at around 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday. Police were able to find the woman and arrest her, charging her for shoplifting.
- 1754 Beacon Street reported a theft at about 1 p.m. on Wednesday.
- 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, an alleged shoplifter was reportedly putting items in their sweatshirt at TJ Maxx on Harvard Street. The shoplifter was arrested and charged by police, and the store was able to recover its merchandise.
- An accident involving a bike was reported outside the 1780 block of Beacon Street after 7 p.m. Monday. Officers rendered assistance at the scene.
- At around 3:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning, officers came upon a vehicle parked on the sidewalk on Boylston Street near Norfolk Road. The driver was sitting behind the wheel, engine running. Reporting a smell of alcohol from the vehicle, an officer arrested and charged the driver for operating under the influence.
- A car was towed from outside of Staples on Beacon Street after a crash with reported injuries damaged a town sign, at about 10:15 p.m. Tuesday. Officers found an Audi, with a town sign under its front bumper. Witnesses report that the car swerved to the right, hitting a parked car and the sign. Police also say the vehicle smelled of alcohol. The driver was arrested and charged with operating under the influence of alcohol, operating to endanger, and weaving.
- At about 2:15 a.m. on Wednesday, police saw a vehicle stopped at the Harvard Street/Beacon Street intersection with its headlights off. When the lights turned green, it rode up onto the Beacon Street sidewalk, and then failed to stop for a red light further down. An officer pulled the driver over, detected an odor of alcohol in the vehicle, and placed the driver under arrest, charging them with operating under the influence of alcohol.
- After a reported illegal left turn from Harvard Street, the driver of a Lexus SUV was pulled over into the Centre Street parking lot for a traffic stop. Officers determined that the driver was operating under the influence of alcohol, and arrested and charged him with that and driving on a revoked license.
- Police investigated a hit-and-run crash at 1180 Beacon Street at about 12:30 p.m. on Thursday. They followed up with a Park Street resident.
- Five people were in a vehicle traveling down Cottage Road when it crashed into a fence in front of 100 Cottage Street. Two people were treated by EMTs on the scene, and two others were taken to Beth Israel for non-life-threatening injuries. No charges have been filed, the cause of the crash is still being investigated.
- Coyote complaint reported at 86 Shaw road on Wednesday, a little before 8:15 a.m.
- Police issued a bylaw citation to a loud party at 16 Short Street on Thursday morning, after 12:30 a.m.