Eastern Bank Robbed
The following are excerpts from the Brookline police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- On June 24, an officer conducted a motor vehicle stop on Boylston St. for a car that had made an illegal right on red, had an expired registration, and had a broken driver’s side taillight. The officer found that the driver’s right to operate had been suspended and she was placed under arrest.
- On June 24, while conducting a traffic post at Harvard, Stedman, and Williams Streets, an officer had stopped traffic for an ambulance to get through. At this time a vehicle turned left onto Harvard St. blocking the passage of the ambulance. The officer had the vehicle pull to the side of the road and found that the driver had a suspended license. The driver was placed under arrest.
- On June 24, as part of an ongoing undercover operation a male party was placed under arrest for enticement of a child.
- On June 24, after conducting surveillance as part of an investigation one male party was placed under arrest for possession Class D with intent to distribute, conspiracy to violate the controlled substance act, drug free park zone violation, and witness interference/obstruction of justice and one male party was placed under arrest for conspiracy to violate the controlled substance act.
- On June 24, Eastern Bank on Harvard St. was robbed. The suspect is described as a white male, approximately 30 years old, and six feet tall. The suspect showed a gun and fled on foot in the Coolidge Corner area. There were no injuries. This is an active investigation and anyone with information is urged to call the Brookline Police at 617-730-2222.
- On June 24, an officer was dispatched to a store on Beacon St. for an attempted shoplifting. The store security guard stated that while working in the rear parking lot he observed a woman pushing a shopping cart of loose items out of the store. The security officer attempted to speak with the suspect who then fled the scene leaving the cart behind. The matter is under investigation.
- On June 24, an officer responded to Beacon St. for a report of a stolen scooter. The reporting party stated that sometime between June 19 and June 24 her Vespa scooter was stolen from the corner of Beacon Street and Carlton Street. The matter is under investigation.