- The National Weather Service predicts temperatures of 100ºF today, and the is still in effect. Night will provide a little respite, as the heat cools down to about 72ºF. Stay cool today, find ways, or head out to one of the (including the "unofficial" one at ).
- Today marks the beginning of the . It began at 5 a.m. today in Newton. The Trek is a 270-mile ride from Boston to New York to raise money and awareness for ALS. By the end of the night, bikers will have arrived in Storrs, CT. You can follow their progress on their Twitter account.
- continue all day today. The museums welcoming folks for free today are: Franklin Park Zoo, The Sports Museum at the TD Garden, the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge, and Salem's Peabody Essex Museum. Today is the perfect day to venture out and explore one of these spots.
- at the . Tavenner's performance includes sing-along selections and standard favorites. His set starts at 2:30 p.m., and the show is free, although the space is usually limited so you should call ahead 617-243-9990.
- Before Peter Jackson directed the " Lord of the Rings" series or " King Kong," he made a small film called " Dead Alive," which is at the tonight, 11:59 p.m., for Coolidge @fter Midnite. Tickets will run $9 apiece. The showing is co-presented by the Boston Underground Film Festival.
Brookline Patch Find Your Patch
Find Your Community
Find your Patch by name or zipcode.