Jul 28, 2014
Partly Cloudy

How to Dispute Your Property Tax Bill

Property tax abatement applications must be filed by Feb. 1 with the assessors office.

How to Dispute Your Property Tax Bill

If you have good reason to believe your new tax assessment is too high, you still have time to lodge your dispute with the town.

The deadline to file a tax abatement with the Marblehead Assessors office is Feb. 1. The assessors office says applications must be filed either via U.S. Postal Service or hand delivered to the office.

The form itself can be found online here or at assessors office in the Assessors Office.

Petitions are heard by the Board of Assessors, which meets monthly in the assessors office.

Don’t miss updates from Patch!