Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Wednesday, Feb. 20. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Cloudy and windy: Looks like a blustery day. According to the National Weather Service we can expect a chance of snow flurries after 10 a.m. with a high near 35 degrees. There will be a strong west wind with gusts as high as 34 miles per hour. Mostly cloudy tonight with a low around 18 degrees and wind gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Storytimes: The Burlington Public Library is offering a two story times today. The first is Toddler Storytime for children 18 to 36 months at 10:30 a.m. followed by Preschool Storytime for children 3 to 6 at 11 a.m.
- Lego Club: The Library is also hosting a Lego Club for children in grades K to 6 at 4 p.m. this afternoon. They supply the Legos, you bring your imagination.
- Weight Watchers: There will be a Weight Watchers meeting at 5:30 p.m. this evening in the Burlington American Legion. "Come and find help and support on your weight loss journey from your local team at Weight Watchers."
- Boxing class: Empire Sports Club is holding an introductory boxing class at 6 p.m. today for people of all ages. Price is $10.