The Canton Dolphins Winter Season begins this week. Registration must be in by November 1,2012. Ages: 7 - 18 More info:
Canton Deprtment of Recreation.
1. Men's Club Bowling will be held at 9 a.m. today at the Canton Council on Aging. Then at 10 a.m. stick around for some singing with the Chorus Group at the Council on Aging.
2. How about an exercise class at the Blue Hills Wellness Center? The class, held at 10:30 a.m., is sponsored by the Council on Aging.
3. At 1 p.m., the Canton Council on Aging will be having a Health Insurance Update with presenter Peggy McDonough, Regional S.H.I.N.E. Coordinator at HESSCO, Inc.
4. From 6:30-8:30 p.m., the Project Connect/MSPCC Support Group meets at the Canton Public Library. The group is a place for parents to find the support and necessary education to empower them to manage the challenges of raising children who are coping with mental health concerns.
5. On this day in 1993, Nelson Mandela and F. W. de Klerk were awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for their work to end apartheid in South Africa.