As of June 30, there will be two openings for three-year terms on the Finance Committee, lasting through June 30, 2017, according to the Town of Chelmsford website.
The main purpose of the Finance Committee is to advise Town Meeting on financial matters, but there are many other times that board members must be available for work throughout the year.
Anyone considering volunteering for the position must be able to commit to the following, according to the town:
- Weekly meetings on Thursdays January through April Town Meeting
- Weekly meetings on Thursdays September through October Town Meeting
- Joint meetings with other boards in advance of budget season
- Meetings in advance of any Special Town Meeting
- Meetings to approve any Finance Committee reserve transfer, usually in June or July
"I will not consider applicants that have an obvious agenda," wrote Town Moderator Jon Kurland. "I am looking for talented applicants who truly want to contribute their time in a truly non-political fashion."
To apply for these positions, residents should include a cover letter and resume outlining how they can contribute to FinCom. Residents should also fill out a committee application form, available at the Town Clerk's office or on the town website.
Applicants can email all materials to email@example.com.