Stretch your brain, express yourself, and explore global cultures in our community at Lowell Kids Week 2014! Lowell Kids Week is an annual festival of free family fun that takes place during February school vacation, February 17-23, 2014. Events are hosted by over fifteen partner organizations and take place at locations throughout Lowell. The complete schedule of events will be available February 1 at www.lowellkidsweek.org. All programs are free, but many require pre-registration – plan ahead and register early!
Lowell Kids Week consists of nearly fifty free programs, serves over 2,000 local kids and their families, and builds connections among a diverse group of local organizations, agencies, and businesses. This year, families will enjoy an exciting variety of new programs, as well as many returning favorites. There’s something for everyone, from toddlers to tweens!
- Get active with free ice skating courtesy of the Lowell Recreation Department and a salsa dance workshop at Lowell National Historical Park;
- Take a walk on the wild side at the Pollard Memorial Library’s Animal Adventures;
- Fire up your imagination with bookmaking and museum explorations at Lowell National Historical Park, Creative Cars with local artist Judy Bessette and weaving at the Tsongas Industrial History Center;
- Take in a show with performances by the Lil’ Iguana Children’s Safety Foundation and the Angkor Dance Troupe;
- Rise to the challenge with Bingo at the Senior Center and an Inventor’s Workshop at Lowell National Historical Park.