The Purple Beech Tree Lives on at the Library
From Vinal Square to Kate's Corner, here are Five Things for Jan. 24, 2014 in Chelmsford.
1. Friday Night at the Chelmsford Center for the Arts... it's open mic night once again, and this month, they're honoring Scottish poet Robert Burns with a variety of local talent. There's a $5 at the door.
2. Winterfest... it's almost here!
3. The Lowell Sun Reports... a factory on Glen Avenue is facing $66,000 in OSHA fines.
4. The Purple Beech Tree Lives On.... Chelmsford High School 2013 graduate Nick Arena took a piece of the iconic purple beech tree and turned it into small stools and chairs for younger children at the Adams Library (pictured).
Arena is currently a civil engineering student at UMass Amherst.
5. The Lions' Basketball Teams Take on Tewksbury on Friday Night... the girls are at home, the boys travel to Tewksbury. Both games are at 7 p.m.