Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Monday, Dec. 3.
1. Warm: Monday is forecasted to be an uncharacteristically warm day, with partly sunny skies and a high temperature into the 50s. Better yet, it is expected to be warm through Wednesday.
2. Holiday Shopping: Have fun and get some Christmas shopping done at a Holiday Shopping Event on Monday night, hosted by Carla King. Everyone who attends gets tickets for various things, including bringing a friend and buying items that will increase your chance of winning a gift basket that includes items from all the companies at the event, including Pampered Chef and Mary Kay.
3. School: There is no school on Monday for Danvers Public School students because of parent-teacher conferences. School resumes as usual on Tuesday.
4. Grammys: The final day to enter a Grammy-sponsored video contest for teenagers in Monday. The contest is open musicians ages 14–18, who are asked to compose or create an original song and/or music video that “explores, encourages and celebrates a healthy lifestyle.” The winner takes home $500 plus a trip to Los Angeles to go backstage at the 55th annual Gammy awards.
5. Fuel Fund: Monday is the first day that the Massachusetts Good Neighbor Energy Fund will be open for emergency requests. The fund is run by the Salvation Army and energy companies to help households in temporary crisis who do not qualify for federal or state assistance with the payment of their energy expenses. The fund open to all requests from qualified families on Jan. 2.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.