Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily source for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Tuesday, Feb. 26.
1. Sun: The sun is forecasted to shine, or at least peek through the clouds, for most of the day on Tuesday before a rain storm moves in on Tuesday night. Temperatures on Tuesday will get into the 40s.
2. Auditions: North Shore Players have an audition scheduled Tuesday for its next production, “Mousetrap.”
3. Mornings: Do you want to get Danvers headlines, events, blogs and other information sent to you for free every morning? You should sign up for the free Danvers Patch morning e-mail newsletter.
4. Casinos: Exactly a day from today, Feb. 26, 2014, the state Gaming Commission says it wants to issue its first resort casino license. That’s different, of course, than a slots parlor license that is being sought by The Cordish Companies and its subsidiary PPE Resort Casino which is eyeing a proposal for a slots parlor at Liberty Tree Mall.
5. Selectmen: The Danvers Board of Selectmen meet on Tuesday night at 7 p.m. at Town Hall with the agenda items including a discussion of the town’s taxi bylaw.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.