Start your week in-the-know with our daily five things you need to know in Danvers. Here's what you need to know today, Aug. 29:
1. Irene has officially hit the road- the National Weather Service is forecasting sunny skies today with a high near 78 degrees.
2. Today the is hosting a for elders and/or their care-givers at 10:30 a.m.
3. It's almost back-to-school time. If you know of a student who did something exceptional over the summer, or who is going to be participating in something unique this fall, ! E-mail your candidate to Molly.Buccini@patch.com
4. in Danvers continues to be the cheapest gas across Massachusetts, at 3.41 a gallon. But, if you're not a member, your next choice for cheap gas in town is at 3.46, or at 160 Andover St. for 3.55.
5. In case you were missing our yesterday, don't worry! Because of the hurricane coverage, we pushed it back until today. This week we're featuring a popular road in town, that used to go by the name of Old Ipswich Road. Not sure where we're talking about? Check out the article, coming this morning.
For a full list of today's happenings, head over to our Events Calendar.