- Do you know who Civil War Gen. Grenville Dodge was and what connection he has to the area? Well, he was originally from present-day Peabody (formerly South Danvers).
Tag along Wednesday (3 p.m.) for a downtown history walk in Peabody led by local historian Bill Power to find out more. There will also be a commemorative plaque dedicated to Dodge during the walk, and it's free to attend.
- Danvers National Little League is holding its final tryout session Thursday at Tapley Park at 5:30 p.m.
- Are you ready for Octoberfest? The Danvers Democratic Town Committee is putting on its fifth annual fest this coming Saturday at the Polish Club (6-10 p.m.). Guest speakers will include Congressman John Tierney and State Treasurer Steve Grossman. Tickets are $25 per person and $40 per couple. The buffet will include sausages, kugel, stuffed cabbage, pierogi, pretzels and strudel, and there will be a cash bar and "oom pah pah music." Email email@example.com for more details.
- Make a free pink stretch band and bracelet Saturday at A.C. Moore from 1-3 p.m. to show your support for in the fight against breast cancer.
- The Kiwanis Club of Danvers hosts its 29th Annual Eliminate 5K on Saturday to support work to eliminate the deadly disease of maternal/neonatal tetanus. The race starts and ends at the high school and is sponsored by Beverly Hospital.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Danvers.