The Divorce Center, a non-profit organization of
professionals from multiple disciplines providing support and education for
people going through separation or divorce, is offering a new half-day public
education workshop entitled “Divorce Matters for You! ─ What You Need to Know
About Divorce in Massachusetts” on September 13, 2014 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30
p.m. at The Barn at 10 Liberty Street, Danvers, MA.
The workshop will cover the legal, financial, family and personal issues that are often encountered during the divorce process. Trained professionals will provide knowledge and information that will empower anyone who is contemplating divorce or currently overwhelmed with the process, increasing their confidence and peace of mind.
The topics to be covered in the workshop include:
· Your options for the divorce process in MA
· What is Mediation, Collaborative, Litigation and Pro Se and how do they differ?
· Understanding the Alimony Law and Child Support Guidelines
· Protecting Yourself Legally
Understanding the Financial Issues:
· Taking an Asset Inventory
· What are considered Marital Assets and how are they divided?
· Do you keep or sell the Marital Home?
· What about retirement? Will I be ok?
· Dealing with a hostile spouse
· Protecting the children
· Strategies for coping with the stress of divorce
· Rebuilding your self-esteem
The workshop fee is $25 and includes light refreshments and snacks. For more information on “Divorce Matters for You! ─ What You Need to Know About Divorce in Massachusetts” and to register for the workshop, visit: http://thedivorcecenter.org/events/event/divorce-matters-need-know-divorce-massachusetts/.
The Divorce Center is planning to hold the “Divorce Matters for You!” workshop on the second Saturday of selected months throughout the year.
About The Divorce Center
The Divorce Center is a non-profit organization of legal, financial and mental health professionals working to empower people before, during and after divorce or separation by providing education and resources.
Since 1983, The Divorce Center’s focus has been on improving the divorce process and its impact on the family. The organization’s mission is primarily to:
· Support families experiencing divorce;
· Educate the public about divorce and its effects; and
Help professionals improve the
service they provide to their divorcing clients.
The Divorce Center offers its expertise and compassion to all those who need it — individuals and families, divorce professionals, religious groups, parent organizations, non-profit groups, and others who can benefit from the public education, professional programs and support.
For more information, visit http://thedivorcecenter.org.