The following are excerpts from reports in the Danvers Police Department press log from March 22-24.
Friday, March 22
- 1:19 p.m. Korlu Bulaya, 27, of 29 Shore Dr., Peabody, was arrested, following a report of a shoplifter at Walmart. Bulaya was charged with shoplifting.
- 9:51 p.m. Police received a complaint about "egg throwers" on Holten Street. Police checked the area, but didn't find the youths.
- 11:21 p.m. Police dispersed a group at the McDonald's on High Street, following a report of some loud cars at the restaurant.
Saturday, March 23
- 8:14 a.m. Jason Greene, 25, of 82 Livingstone Ave., Beverly, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Route 114. He was charged with driving with a suspended license and speeding.
- 11:26 a.m. Police said they spoke to a resident on Doty Avenue after a report of a person shooting at geese. Police said the call came in from a concerned neighbor.
- 3:48 p.m. A caller at a Centre Street residence reported an assault. Police said they were investigating the incident as a possible sexual assault. No further details were available.
- 6:31 p.m. Police responded to Walmart on a report of a female shoplifter at the store with her young child. Police said the female -- a 20-year-old North Brookfield resident -- allegedly stole $90 in bathing suits. She was issued a court summons on a charge of shoplifting.
- 7:19 p.m. Gregory Foster, 53, of 156 High St., Danvers, was arrested at his residence on a warrant. He was also charged with disorderly conduct.
- 7:35 p.m. Police responded to a report of a domestic dispute at an Elliott Street home that involved clothes being thrown in the yard.
- 7:53 p.m. Police received a call for medical aid at the Danversport Yacht Club. The log entry indicates there was a medical transport, but does not say whether it was related to the Cooking for a Cure fundraiser going on or an unrelated incident at the facility.
- 8:53 p.m. Report of a motor vehicle accident with personal injuries on Pickering Street. Police said a car hit a parked vehicle and one person was transported to Beverly Hospital. The report did not indicate the extent of the injuries. The driver was also cited for a marked lanes violation.
- 9:27 p.m. Police received a report of a stolen vehicle at a Hazen Avenue home. Police said it turned out the car was taken by the person's son and it was later returned.
- 9:41 p.m. Police received a report of a stolen camera at the Marriott TownePlace Suites on Route 114.
- 10:16 p.m. Police received a report of suspicious activity at 85 Liberty St. involving "two laser beams." Police said there were some kids playing with a red laser and flashing it in a resident's window.
Sunday, March 24
- 4:59 a.m. Police received a request for assistance at a Sycamore Street residence for a "red thing running around." Nothing was found at the scene.
- 4:18 p.m. A syringe was found at John George Park.
- 4:30 p.m. Police received a call of a leaking water fountain at the Crane River Marina. It turned out to be unfounded.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.